October 18, 2008

Commence the Halloween Shenanigans


GeoTagged, [N40.03234, E83.17400]

So this weekend marked the beginning of the Griswold... I mean Poole, holiday season. Three months, four holidays. Let the good times roll. So I am not sure what is normal for most families seeing as I said bye-bye to normal a long time ago, but my household loves Halloween. It is probably the most celebrated holiday in my family. From the decorations outside, to Trick-or-Treat, to costume parties, and horror movies, it is definitely a blast. I read somewhere that Halloween is now the second biggest, from a retail perspective and I surely contribute a sizable chunk to that statistic.

Well tonight we cooked up a Halloween feast. We made witch's finger breadsticks, pumpkin pie dip, a cheeseball in the shape of a pumpkin, and buried cupcakes. Once we finished watching the Buckeyes dismantle the Spartans, we started with the festivities. After eating we decided to watch Ghostbusters to kick off the frightfest. I know it is not very scary, but it is a classic and the kids love it, so a good starting point. This also gave me the chance to try out the iPhone Blogger Pro application. After Ghostbusters we turned up the horror movie quotient just a bit and watched Children of the Corn. I also rented Sweeney Todd to see how it rates vs. the play version. More on that later.

No comments: